Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Back to the Parlour Guitar and Spinnet Piano

Lately I've been craving music. Social music. Music that people want to listen to and play together.

The article that the following snippet was taken from touches on the shifting role of music as a social activity and other issues quite well.

Writing for Stylus Magazine, Chris Dahlen explains:
"My biggest regret as a writer is every time I wrote about an artist for any reason other than that they were a human being with a full life that was worth setting to paper. Every time I meet someone with a new perspective on music, it makes my life better; every time I talk to an artist who’s gritting his teeth because he hasn’t made it bigger, it kills me. This isn’t how most people use music now. Music is more important than fame."

The full article appears here.

No comments: